A family favorite everyone can enjoy (including the kids!). The tomatoes temper any extra saltiness from the fish, while the fish provides the entire dish with a punchy flavor that—from the tomatoey sauce to the side dishes—melts on the tongue.
- 1 lb salt cod
- 7 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- Any cooking oil
- Desalinate by soaking for 24 hours, change water out 0-2 times.
- Panfry to brown fish on both sides. Set aside
- In olive oil, sauté onion and tomatoes until made into a sauce.
- Then add fish to sauce, let simmer.
- Serve with greens cooked in vinegar and olive oil sprinkled with red hot chili pepper flakes, quinoa/ rice with freshly cut up purple onions and slices of uncooked tomato, and homemade cornbread with butter.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many words is a video worth?